As used in this part, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings unless some other meaning is plainly indicated:
(1) The term “bond” includes bonds, debentures, notes, certificates of indebtedness, mortgage certificates, or other obligations or evidences of indebtedness of any type or character.
(2) The term “general obligation bonds” means bonds which are secured by, or provide for their payment by, the pledge, in addition to those special taxes levied for their discharge and such other sources as may be provided for their payment or pledged as security under the ordinance or resolution authorizing their issuance, of the full faith and credit and taxing power of the municipality and for payment of which recourse may be had against the general fund of the municipality.
(3) The term “ad valorem bonds” means bonds which are payable from the proceeds of ad valorem taxes levied on real and tangible personal property.
(4) The term “revenue bonds” means obligations of the municipality which are payable from revenues derived from sources other than ad valorem taxes on real or tangible personal property and which do not pledge the property, credit, or general tax revenue of the municipality.
(5) The term “improvement bonds” means special obligations of the municipality which are payable solely from the proceeds of the special assessments levied for an assessable project.
(6) The term “refunding bonds” means bonds issued to refinance outstanding bonds of any type and the interest and redemption premium thereon. Refunding bonds shall be issuable and payable in the same manner as the refinanced bonds, except that no approval by the electorate shall be required unless required by the State Constitution.
(7) The term “governing body” means the council, commission, or other board or body in which the general legislative powers of the municipality shall be vested.
(8) The term “project” means a governmental undertaking approved by the governing body and includes all property rights, easements, and franchises relating thereto and deemed necessary or convenient for the construction, acquisition or operation thereof, and embraces any capital expenditure which the governing body of the municipality shall deem to be made for a public purpose including the refunding of any bonded indebtedness which may be outstanding on any existing project which is to be improved by means of a new project.